I had some extra time today so I decided to swap over the oil pan from the 2.5L block. I thought I was going to have to alter something on the bracket but never came across a problem.

After I finished with the oil pan I noticed that the transmission doesnâ??t seem to line up correctly with the 3.0L block. I took the engine off the stand and put it on the ground to check. I put up the transmission and was in shock. Everything had gaps and I was so afraid I got screwed on the engine again and brought back bad memories from before:previous post I sat back and started thinking about what I was going to do, when my neighbor came over, he likes to see the progress. He asked â??Whereâ??s the backing plate?â? I gave that guy a hug I was so relieved. That was a very scary moment of this process. Haha and the most stupid moment for me as well.

I ended up cutting the bushing to get the crank even to fit the flywheel. I used a sawzall with a metal blade. I heard that when you use a sawzall a lot of vibrations occur that hurt the crank. I started with a hacksaw and then said screw it. The sawzall didnâ??t shake the crank at all. I then used a die grinder to make it all even.

Die Grinder on the Crank

I didnâ??t have a camera today, I just used my camera phone to record everything today. I have a busy weekend so it looks like the rest of the engine work will come next week.

3L process done