hi guys. i have a question. i have a K&N filter with a MAF adaptor (straight thru design style, hooks to the stock snorkel) and it has a heat shield i built on it. when im driving in normal weather for this time of year (60-90 degrees F.) it runs about like it should. however, when it gets colder out and the air gets more dense (30-50 degrees F.) the car has a SIGNIFICANT amount of power gain. i realize that dense air always makes em run better etc but i'm talking about a massive amount of low end gain. im wondering if my K&N setup just isnt pulling enough air? the intake makes a nice sucking sound i have cleaned it a couple times, the mesh is a little messed up in places but it always comes out clean. has anybody else had a problem with this setup? it almost seems that once it gets hot outside it just cant pull sufficient air through the filter. or maybe i have overoiled it? anybody got anything? its not a big deal just something i was thinking about

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time