Originally posted by Pole120:
I'll post pics tomorrow and people can then decide if machine vs hand are comparable...untill then i'm done in here.

Like i said I know Scott's intention was not to bash my product, however the words he chose did just that, i'm a bit disapointed in it is all...

Scott, the bore and plate size of your SVT TB's have not been altered correct? still stock 60mm?

Josh,

I apologize if my wording was taken as a bash...sometimes things are taken or come out differently then they are meant. I'm sure your work will be quite good and like said much better then the typical CEG'er. My point was only to make that machining the bore vs. hand sanding/polishing it is nearly impossible to get the same results and very time consuming nothing more. With the minimal results you get from this mod it really won't make that much of a difference on a mildly modded car so really isn't that big of a deal.

I would recommend going to 100 deg countersink/flathead screws. You will like the results much better...less invasive to the TB shaft and better hold on the thin .062" TB plate

No, I don't change the bore & plate diameter�I have been toying with it but it is way more work then it's worth. Bradness discovered that you can open up a 60mm SVT to about 62mm safely without breaking into the bearing wells (why the one in the pic is now a 67mm paper weight ). Then you need to make a new pate and you have to get the plate just right or they will not idle correctly�its lots of work in my opinion you are better off using a mustang 65mm TB if you need bigger. The optimized 60mm with the improved flow numbers is plenty for the majority.

Sorry again didn't mean any disrespect�your service and workmanship is a valued asset her on CEG.

Keep up the good work,
-Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew