Originally posted by scottd60:
I'm not talking hand drill or dremel...I'm talking modifying the shaft in a milling machine, tapering the intake and output of the TB in a lathe and countersinking the TB plate in a drill press with the proper 100 deg. counter sink not a drill bit like some others have done. Also replacing the screws with 100 deg. flathead S/S screws and cutting them down flush with the back side of the TB shaft. Plus if you are spending 2-3 hours on each TB that is way too much time. Set up on the proper machines can be done easily in half that time with far superior quality work.

The only thing you're doing any different than I am is the boring of the TB inlet and outlet....I use propper machinery I.E. Drill press and correct countersink bits and screws(90 degree in my case)....If i had a lathe i'ld be doing the extra steps you are...i'm a bit limited in that department as i'm just getting started, or trying to at least.

Originally posted by scottd60:
Set up on the proper machines can be done easily in half that time with far superior quality work.

Far superior quality? Have you seen my work as of yet to state something like that? Sorry but i put a lot of time into my work so that the quality is as good as it is. That statement was taken as a bit of a slap in the face, though i'm sure you didn't intend it that way....I'll have pic up tomorrow night...

I understand you're not trying to Knock what i'm doing...but in essence isn't that exactly what you've done?

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k