Originally posted by Klasse Act:
I can't stress enough how much fun the Dragon Run is, but to those who haven't run it before, let me give you some advice:

-tires and brakes MUST be in great shape

-run it normal the first time out

-DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO

-if you've got a crotch rocket behind you and he can pass, waive him by

-any other maintence should be done before hand, everything is maxed out in your car down there

-bring your 2-way radio

-HAVE FUN

I'd like to add to this list. It is a very good list BTW. Definately have your safety equipment in top shape, and the radios add another dimension to the ride.

-Take a look at the dragon web site & get familiar with the bikers hand signals. They can warn you about accidents, on-coming trucks, and law enforcement activity. All quite valuable information. They'll also let you know when you're screwing up.

-Stay in your lane. Crossing the double yellow is VERY strictly enforced there, if not by the LEOs, then by the bikers.

-Bikers are comparatively very vulnerable, so watch out for them like they are your children. They love that... Biker chicks especially...

If you want to have some activities other than the Dragon Run to keep the non-drivers happy, I'd suggest a day for waterfall runs in NC, or winery visits (Tennessee Valley Winery has some wines that exceeded my expectations - really), or perhaps even hunt down the geo-caches in the area. You could even play in the mud at one of the mines in NC to find some rubys, emeralds, or other gems. Might pay for the trip...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.