In our "unofficial" post for the Fall Dragon Run it was decided that the second weekend in October (13th-15th) would be our best date as everyone seems to like that weekend. This gives us time to let www.tailofthedragon.com know about our plans and we can go up on their website like we've done in the past

This will be my fourth year in a row running the Dragon and it never gets old! I plan on bringing a couple SE MI CEG-ers to the run this year, I've made a promise to get SOMEONE down here with us. One local CEG-er looking to go is Trapps and his Volvo S60R! I expect that AWD beast to carve up the Dragon and speaking of "AWD Beast", Hector will be making his return after 2 years and is chomping at the bit to run his EVO , so he'll be coming down with as well. I have a couple other guys to target and either myself or them personally can come on in here with their RSVP

I can't stress enough how much fun the Dragon Run is, but to those who haven't run it before, let me give you some advice:

-tires and brakes MUST be in great shape

-run it normal the first time out

-DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO

-if you've got a crotch rocket behind you and he can pass, waive him by

-any other maintence should be done before hand, everything is maxed out in your car down there

-bring your 2-way radio

-HAVE FUN

We can either pass along hotel/motel/cabin info here or in a seperate post, but I stay in the cabins in Tellico Plains Tennessee. Its called Caney Creek Village www.caneycreekvillage.com I paid about $165.00 for 3 nights as I come in on Thursday, my travel day and I really like these cabins for a number of reasons. One is their clean and nice, like something your family owns but even more important is the fact that their right where the Cherahola Skyways starts. They also have a cabin that sleeps 8, so those of you looking to save some money and have a couple buddies coming along its perfect for you guys! The Skyway runs right into the Dragon and is an AWESOME road in its self The elevation changes are amazing, anywhere from 3-5,000 f+ with signs along the way to tell you as much. There's areas where you can pull over and take pics and even go to the restroom when nature calls I'd like to tell you that there's NOTHING out there though, so its something to keep in mind.

Please feel free to ask any questions, make comments, tell us how pumped up you are for the run, whether its your first time or 100th time I look forward to not only the run, but meeting up with everyone I only get to see once a year and making and meeting new friends out there, its all about the people out on the Dragon

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00