Finally got motivated to take out the SVT. Girlfriend wanted to go for a ride. I have been teasing her, lifting up the car cover showing it off, but not taking it out.

Observations: It was definitely in dire need of a good run. It's still got a 1/2 tank of old gas with Stabil in it, but after taking her on the highway and putting the foot to the floor, all started to get cleaned out. By the time I was on my way back home, the engine felt nice and free revving again. It's amazing how clogged up an engine can get not being driven much. (My bad)

Comparing to my 02 GTP, the SVT is still the highway runner. from mid range and up, it will take the GTP hands down, but from a dead stop, different story, GTP takes it to 100kph. I am not describing my SRT here, because it's in process of having a big turbo insalled, and frankly, it will probably be quicker and faster than the SVT and GTP, hands down. Handling and brakes, SVT, SRT-4, and GTP in that order.

Still though, when I was at Home Depot this evening, walking from the store back to the SVT, I still know why I like this car so much. It is just darn hot looking compared to my other cars, with the silver paint gleaming in the afternoon sun, just no other car like it. My other cars may be newer, may be faster, may have more luxuries (GTP), but the SVT just has that special something that makes it unique. It's still number one out of the cars that I currently own.