Just thought I'd bring some info to everyone's attention , especially if someone's not happy about donating to the food fund at the carlisle show .

With only adding up what a couple spent on food/stuffs for the Carlisle show , I easily came up with $300+ . By placing a donation box in the tent , we raised $85 to help offset some of the costs spent by some people . It's not like we over-bought really bad on food , as there wasn't really that much left over (some hamburgers , cheese , a few rolls , mostly-eaten bags of chips , some dip ... stuff like that) . It's really not all about the money & stuff , seeing as this is the first year we've had a donation box in the tent . I'm sure we'd have the CEG picnic anyways .
There's some discussion about next year's club picnic @ Carlisle . We may go to a pre-pay dealie (maybe $20) , with food cards given out to people (with their names on it) , then we'll use that money raised to buy bulk food @ Sams or whatever , and not have people worry about bringing food . Plus that would let the people who show up on friday have something to eat , rather than waiting for people (like me ) who show up on saturday to bring plates , salads , condiments , etc. to bring their stuff .

What do you guys think about the pre-pay idea for the food ??

I REALLY apreciate that people donated to the food fund - every little bit helps . Where else can you stuff food down your cake-hole all weekend for a $10 donation ?? CEG rocks !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !