Originally posted by moxnix:

I asked what was stopping you not your car.

I've done street tires and I want to learn something else. STX2 in an NB may be an option sometime soon, and hot dang would that be a fun street/autocross car. I love the NB look and extra power for the street.

Damn school can't you take thursday and friday and the weekend off?

No, not this time, unfortunately.

ES is fun. It can be cheap once you get the car setup (just get some nice revalved Koni's and go with it)

I think I'll grab some used Konis, get a year in on them, and revalve/rebuild them when I'm up to snuff. I need to find those used ones in a hurry, though - my right front shock is GONE.

I meant the RT-615 I guess it was wishful typing. I think with a little setup the hankook can be just as good as the falken. Most of the testing I have seen has been with the 205/205 the 225 is actually about the same size as the 205 falken so I think it will compare better. I like that hankook supports the sport unlike falken.

Yeah, no kidding. I don't know why Falken doesn't try to drum up support. The 225 does look promising, and the price is right. Let me know how it goes - I may snag a set for street/rains (they have a 14, right?).

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results