Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Quote:

What is stopping you from going out in STS2?

Torsen.

I asked what was stopping you not your car.

I can't make it to Nats because of school.

Damn school can't you take thursday and friday and the weekend off?

I'm running ES next year because I really want to run a stock class, and learn r-tires. There are a lot of places I want to play in the next decade, and it's just that ES fits my life right now: it's a cheap way to get a competitve car I KNOW isn't holding me back. Next year I'll have 710s, FSB, shocks, and no excuses. Well, except for the Leather Package and A/C, but I'll have to turn some good times before I can blame 50lbs and non-R suspension for a loss. I plan on making all the "local" Tour events (Devens, Peru, WDC Pro) and Nats as well.

Finger Lakes Region is getting bigger with their new site, so I'll have some real events to run - in Central PA it's only Strano and sometimes Cy Lee or someone making the drive from WDC/Philly that I know are nat'l level. I'm very envious of the crew you have at WDC - lots of talent in lots of classes!

Did you mean 615 or 215? If you can find 215s that are fresh, run 'em. I'd go for the 615 over Hankook based on my research, but as you know it's a lot of guessing and car-dependant stuff, and I'm sure you've read everything I have anyway.

ES is fun. It can be cheap once you get the car setup (just get some nice revalved Koni's and go with it)

I meant the RT-615 I guess it was wishful typing. I think with a little setup the hankook can be just as good as the falken. Most of the testing I have seen has been with the 205/205 the 225 is actually about the same size as the 205 falken so I think it will compare better. I like that hankook supports the sport unlike falken.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends