hey all, I have a 98 csvt. Ever since i got the car I have had no muflers on the back. They have been cut out, so I have straight pipes after the resonator. Since the resonator is stock I have a few questions for you all.
1) does the stock resonator restricts air flow a lot? What could I expect in terms of hp gain if I replace it with a Magnaflow
(my buddy with 99csvt cut his resonator out 2 days ago and didn't feel any difference)

2) my car sounds alsome with the stock resonator, however when I stand on the sidewalk and someone revs it up during acceleration, once the car is over 4k rpms the sound has too high pitch...how will the Magnaflow resonator affect the sound (considering that I have no mufflers) I know that the bigger the resonator, the more sound it absorbs, so I am thinking of the oval 4"x6"x19"..does that sound reasonable??? would that make it louder or quiter? lower tone maybe??
I just don't wanna sped $70 for parts and $50 for instalation and then be sorry for doing it. Thanks!!