Hey Guys,

I've got an electrical question for you.

I seem to be having a voltage fluctuation in my 2000 SVT.

The problem is a constant fluctuation of the voltage in that range. I have a Passport X50 set to display the voltage in my car. The voltage is almost never steady. Its constantly jumping +- 1/2 a volt. Is this normal?

It is fluctuating so quickly that I can barely get accurate readings from the radar detector (not sure how accurate they are to begin with). Additionally, I can see the light output fluctuate with the voltage.

Here is some more information to use for troubleshooting.

First off, my voltage level appears normal, so I don't necessarily believe this is the alternator. While driving I'm still getting between 14.4 and 15V. In fact, if anything that might be too high an output.

Voltage remains in this range regardless of driving/accessories. Radio on or off does not appear to really affect voltage (maybe .1 volt).

Even with the lights on, idle, radio, and AC/Defrost on full, I'm usually getting at least 13.8 volts.

Turning on and off accessories does not seem to change the fluctuation.

On occassion I do not receive this fluctuation. Nothing seems to change in my driving conditions, or the weather conditions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks All,
- Zack

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)