I have noticed in the 2 weeks that more and more Contiques are appearing and becoming modified in my area.

I have had my car for 3 years now (the longest I have ever had a car w/o totaling it) and I have seen a couple of SVTs here and there, I have also seen the occasional regular Contour that hasn't been cared for (not washed, sounds like crap, body beaten) Lately though, I have seen more and more Contiques around here being cared for and modified, it's turning into a Civic. The reason I bought my car is because it was rare for the area I live in, but it is now an epidemic.
I went to a local rerstaraunt and saw a '95 SE W/a Magnaflow muffler and it's from the same town I'm from... My new neighbors just bought a Mytique with tinted windows and S4 sidemarkers, I see a red post '97 Contour driving down the road every morning with primer spots and SVT wheels and a turbo muffler, in Lebanon, there is a green one that has custom fiberglass and airbags w/lambo doors, I could keep going, in Murfreesboro, there are 4 more (mainly GLs and one sport) with just exhaust and a sound system but I'm just wondering where they are all comming from. I usually keep up with the cars around here, butI am just stricken with suprise about all of these Contiques just appearing out of nowhere.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, has anyone else noticed this where they live? Am I a trend setter or are people just realizing the potential of the Contique?