And the Contour is doing very well.

http://scca-cpr.org/Files/archives/2006Results/2006Event2Pax.htm

Eat that, Hondas. One of them was even an illegal 2006 Si with the factory LSD. He was on stock Michelins, but still...

The three driver car is several seconds off Mike Louie's '89 Si, despite similar prep. I think they're down on power: a LOT. That puts me around 2 seconds off Mike... which is really, really good. I'm actually thinking I would beat some people in the PA championships this summer. The look on the Honda driver's faces when a Contour gets them is priceless, and would be well worth the trip!

The Saturn WAGON there was pretty sick, too. It was cool to see two non-spec cars walk all over the regular winners.

My friend co-drove, and said it felt pretty good. I tend to agree. Power is great, mid-corner grip is pretty substantial, and transients are very snappy. It could use more tire, and maybe more camber/toe: I was on my street alignment while I figure out the new rubber. The MXs are feeling very good, but the 205/55 isn't enough. I like the extra height, though. I think the extra couple mph on straights might make up for the CG height and weight, but it's close. I have no qualms about getting 225/50 Azenis or maybe MXs. With two of us practially hot-lapping the car, even the MXs were getting close to overheating, but they never fell off.

The new springs and endlinks make the rear very stiff, but smooth. Lift-throttle oversteer is easy to induce, and very controllable. The front end never plows unless you do something stupid. I did get behind on my last run, going a bit too hard, and spun it: right off the runway. I was way too close to the runway lights for comfort! They wouldn't have hurt more than sheetmetal and paint, but still... This is why they tell you to go both feet in instead of trying to save it!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results