Well this is my first time working on the contour, and I have to say that it's really been worth the time and effort. Those that are worried about trying this fix should just go for it! It's really worth the experience and knowledge you gain about your car. Plus it's not that bad, so you'll encounter a few issues, but I feel it's worth it! Here's what I've got going wrong now...

Two Known Issues:
Sorry if this is confusing and not very specific...
(1)On the top of the UIM there are the two black hoses that everyone posts about not knowing how to remove. Well in moving parts around and tightening things down I some how snapped the one that goes into the rear hole in half at the center plastic joint.

(2) The Green hose coming off of the EGR that is brittle and breaks, well that DID NOT break. However, there are a group of thin red hoses around it. One of those snapped in half. Which One???? I'll try to explain it... During the UIM removal there is a plastic piece on the back of the UIM (guide calls it the EVR) that requires two bolts to be removed. This EVR has a tube running off of it that comes to a T-split. The bottom red tube on the T-Split that runs to a bundle of other red tubes (this bundle of tubes is attached to the front hole black UIM hose) snapped in half.

Anyways this all happened at 11:30 last night, and work starts at 6:30... so I did a rather crude tape job to try and seal these hose back together (yes I know the proper fix, but I was tired and had no methods of obtaining new tubing or sealant). I really just wanted to see if the car would start, I'm not going to drive it anytime soon so I just went with a simple attempt at sealing it with tape.

My question... even with these hoses more than likely leaking, should the car still start? There's going to be a permanent fix on the hoses, but I'd like to get the car running first.

I'm not sure what the issue is... when I turn the key I hear a hum and then a fast ticking sound. There's no firing up of the engine. Possibly I've lost compression and need to attempt the oil fix that everyone uses?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in Advance!!! (Yes I Searched! But like my UIM/LIM rebuild it might not have been the best )

2005 S/C Monte Carlo SS 1995 Contour SE