Ok, so for about 3 weeks now, my car has been misfiring badly under low RPMs with the Magnecors. They were only installed for about 1 month. The problem happens for example, starting off in first gear, misfires like crazy then stops misfiring and pulls hard and smooth. Also, if I upshift to lets say third, when I should be in second, and I give it more gas, misfires again while accelerating until I reach higher RPMs.

So today I pulled out the Magnecors and installed the stock Motorcraft wires again. These wires I removed at 105k and showed no signs of problems at all. I just figured while I was doing a big tuneup, I should do them at the same time.

After installin the Motorcraft wires, the car ran perfectly smooth again. No misfires at all.

After doing a good amount of reading on the Magnecor site it seems it might not be a problem with the wires themselves, but a combo of the plugs and wires. They say that when using certain plugs, the wires do not sit flush onto the valve cover, allowing moisture and dirt to get inside the boot. Which mine do not sit flush at all. There is a gap at the top of the boot.

Interesting information on Magnecor site. READ!

Just curious, but what plugs are most CEGers generally using with the Magnecors?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!