I got my MB Quart Reference component set in the mail this week and have been doing some thinking on where exactlly to mount them. The tweeters on this unit are seperate from the 6.5" speakers and am debating weather or not to put them in the doors. After looking at the inital setup, I had thought this but quickly thought that it would be a bad idea because I was worried about moisture getting in the door and ruining my crossover(s). I then thought of just running an extra wire through the rubber boot but that won't happen because it has a connector and does not go straight through. I also don't want to drill any extra holes to run them.

So what types of preventive measures did some of you take to keep your crossover safe? I was thinking about taking the 4 screws off of the cover and applying dielectric grease to the base but there are holes but into the case (maybe as a heatsink). The only thing I am left with is to take a plastic bag and put that over the crossover and just zip tie it together.

Has anyone ever had a crossover failure when installed in the door???

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com