Okay..

out of town for business.. the hotel had an awesome wifi speed, so I crammed my HDD with all the ISOs I could find (yay me) but started to run out of space.

Just looking around, I looked at my computer management control panel and noticed a third 10Gb partition not assigned.

so.. I assigned the maximum space available to make a third partition (had c:, and d: at 10GB each). well.. in a moment of pure mental stupidity, I also clicked to "make partition active" and closed the window.

Because there were no instant abnormalities, I didn't even click! the laptop ran beautifully with the new 10gb E: partition, since it was already booted up... well.. I shut the laptop down and now restarting gives a dreaded ntldr is missing: CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Now what? any cd bootable partition magic-type programs I could use to simply assign C: as the active partition again? THAT's ALL I need to do..

I REALLY don't wanna copy the few files ntldr looks for from windows and the root on to E:, then install windows from a CD on to E, to get it to boot for a while and assign C: as active, then remove the copies, etc.. That's a stretch as it is!

ANY help?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.