Another nice day out, so I did a little work on the SVT.
First things first, I've had an idle issue where the rpm's will drop below 500, sometimes stalling out. That scares the sh!t out of me when making a left turn with any oncoming traffic. So I cleaned out the IAC, and sure enough, no more idle issues!
Last fall, before I put the car up for storage, the needle fell off of my Autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge. So I took the gauge out, and capped the oil tube off with a copper fitting. I'll send the gauge out to Autometer on Monday to have the needle put back on.
Thought I'd do the regular oil change, since I've had to start driving the SVT again before I normally take it out of the garage. 6 quarts of Mobil 1 along with a Motorcraft filter.
The other day, I decided to pickup some Royal Purple Syncromax, since it's been talked up so much on here. Being the first time I've changed the tranny fluid myself(2 tranny rebuilds prior, so Ford changed it at those times), I wasn't sure what size nylon hose to buy. Well, 1/2" was too big, so I improvised. I heated up the end of the hose until it would flex quite a bit. It flexed enough to get it into the tranny refill hole. Took about 2-1/2 quarts of the RP Syncromax, then lowered the car to let it spill the excess. What I drained out was the Mercon ATF w/ 2oz. of friction modifier. This fluid had been in the tranny since April of 2003, and 34k miles ago. The fluid was a nice pinkish red. No signs of unusual wear, so I'm happy. My impression so far, is that the Syncromax is not any different than the fluid I took out. Still shifts great like always. It was more of a peace of mind thing, changing it out.
I also started the uninstallation process of the Venom nitrous kit. I'm sure NVS SVT will be PM'ing me anyday now about coming down from Canada to pick it up. I just have to figure out what I'm going to use to fill the hole in my throttle body, where the nozzle is at now.
Sorry for the long post, but thought I'd tell how things went.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq