Sorry to hear about this Rick. It�s a shame when people don't know how to handle themselves in situations like this.

Trying to put myself in the customer�s shoes though and what they are thinking about... now maybe I shouldn't even go here but I'm thinking out loud...

The customer knew it was shipping late, and when he found out about it said he still wanted it. So that�s fair enough good communication should have been a done deal. But then a twist gets thrown into things... UPS loses the shipment (how? Who the hell knows it�s a freak'n engine). So I guess the question is how long did it take before everyone knew UPS lost it? Because you know, one the guy is probably already a little upset about the shipment being late, but now on top of this his shipment is somewhere in la-la land for all anyone knows. Was he aware of the lost shipment 2 weeks after it was supposed to ship or month or what? So now at this point he�s offered a refund based on a claim status with UPS. This seems quite fair, again good business and customer service. So now goes the claiming process... which apparently took 2 weeks. Now he finds out that UPS magically finds the engine and alas he can have it if he wants it.

So let�s stop here and evaluate things.

The customer has now paid for this engine and has waited...
-Unknown amount of time since original order placed
-6 weeks past promised ship date
-Unknown time for delivery, which eventually gets lost
-2 weeks waiting for UPS claim, which eventually finds engine
Total 2 months plus whatever unknown time is.

So the customer has received pretty good service and communication through out this time from Rick. No fault on his part for sure. But the guy has been out his money waiting for the engine for 2 months or more. I can understand why he would be upset. However he had no right to call Rick on his work phone he should have been dealing with ADC as that is where the order was placed. Although he probably thought that since all his updates were coming from Rick's number at his work that he should probably call that number and complain.

Originally posted by Buckshot77:
What a crock! Sorry guys, but it�s jerks like this that ruin it.

Agreed. The guy should have gone to the source to complain. It really sucks when people don't do these sorts of things constructively and in a reasonable manner. The guy was updated when new information as it became available and in a timely manner. It seems like the problem point was UPS in my opinion.

Again Rick sorry for the mess. I seriously hope you give consideration to keeping your doors open though. You shouldn't throw in the towel because of butt holes like this. Good luck with everything.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp