Hey guys,

It's been a great run for these few years and I've had a lot of fun, but I've decided to quit working on cars and building engines for people other than myself. I had one bad apple spoil my appetite for it so I think I'm calling it a day as it's not worth it at this point.

I'll still have my car and still plan to hang with you guys and answer any questions I can, but I'm not going to deal with people who think they can belittle me and question my ethical standards just because they aren't satisfied with a reasonable solution to an issue.

For those wondering what the issue is, the story is this: I sold a shortblock to a customer through ADC. I got backed up at the time the order was placed and was late in shipping it (about 6 weeks late and I apologized for it). The customer still wanted it at time of shipment. UPS lost the engine in shipment. I filed a claim with UPS and offered the customer a refund based on UPS letting me file a claim. UPS finds the motor 2 weeks later and says claim is on hold now and they are returning the engine block to me to verify if it's still good. I call the customer to tell them that I will ship the engine as soon as it's verified as good or will pay them the claim if it's trashed. Customer begins to belittle me and threatens to call my 8-5 job and/or file complaints with them because of this (he got my work number through caller ID). I don't think he realizes that my regular job has absolutely nothing to do with the engine in question. So basically I'm offering the customer a good product he ordered if the engine is in perfect shape or a refund if UPS pays a claim even though his actual order is with ADC (I'm just trying to be helpful here). He's now decided that he doesn't want the engine even if it's in good shape and since I won't offer him an unconditional refund apparently my ethics and business practices are crap and he's determined that anyone he feels like should know this. My guess is he will go to his credit card, get a reversal and ADC will have a motor for sale if UPS doesn't pay the claim. Anyone have any input on whether or not a credit card company will reverse the charges if the customer is still being offered the product?

What a crock! Sorry guys, but it's jerks like this that ruin it. As an option, if anyone wants an ADC/Buckshot shortblock, this one will most likely be up for sale next week- it's prepped for a hybrid swap and would help whichever of us gets stuck with the bill (ADC or me) by not having to sit on it.

Thanks,
Rick

PS- if anyone has contacted me before today about work or parts, I'll still be taking care of those requests.

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale