Originally posted by CSVT#49:
So I'll be replacing my SPEC stage 1 clutch with another one (more then likely) next weekend. I've got the replacement SPEC clutch on order and it should arrive at my house on Wed. So my question is what is the best way to replace the turd?

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have to do it as my clutch appears to be getting better. The car hasn't slipped as much the last few days, which makes me wonder if it some how got oil on it or something. Either way I'll have a replacement for it come dooms day.

So again whats the best method to go about taking the clutch out? Thanks in advance.

So you didn't read what I posted about sometimes burning a clutch and causing it to glaze, and consequently it slips? Then I pointed out that you can just continue to drive normal on it like on the verge of slipping for a while so that it will wear down through the glazed surface and restore most of its former clamp strenght, if not all?

I'd hold on to the new spec disk and continue to drive and test it until you fine out if it gets better or if you need to really replace it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black