Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Okay, the parts came back in and they look really nicely cut. Only they don't look like the plans I gave them! lol
He's gonna sit down with the operators and figure out what went wrong with the lasercutting from plans to part, and give me a call back in a couple of days.
Be patient.

Did you hear anything from the shop yet?

Yes, today I picked up two prototype templates made of thick sheet aluminum to test fit against my original hardware mockup and my drawings.
Bad news is I found two errors on the template for the front, and one for the back. The one for the front plate is a hole spacing issue I need to do some simple calculations to figure out why it is off. Should be easy enough to fix.
The good news is that the other two errors are just small issues with the outline of the brackets and easy to tweak in the software drawing. The rear bracket holes are perfect.
I'll give him the corrections and then he'll redo them. I won't have another estimate till I talk to him again but we are very close now to a final working product.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black