Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by warmonger:
I've got the adjustments figured out and I just need to get off my butt and go see the fabricator again. It's a ways away for me and I have to get the time during the work day and work week to do it. I'll be getting some morning time soon.

Any further progress as yet? I'm sure the holiday weekend slowed things down a bit, but now that the Dragon Run is over, I ready to get back to modding.

or depending on your perspective...

YES! I did go and see the gentleman just today in fact, around 2pm. I had to wait till I was working nights again to get down to the city and talk about the changes. I should have word in a couple of days. That's the good news. The bad news is I have to change to a different style cutting machine to improve the tolerances on the parts in order to eliminate the fitment issue variations I faced on the prototype bracketry. This machine costs more to run and of course in order to validate it and the brackets it spits out, I will have to pay up front for a set or two, test them for fitment AGAIN, then if all goes well arrange a large batch and group-buy to distribute the costs. Not perfect or the best answer but give me a few days.

Also, the good news is that both people running sets of front brakes adapter brackets report excellent improvement in braking and so far no issues once they got everything mounted. The hardware so far has proved to be strong enough and well worth the costs. But don't ask me costs right now till after I get this next set made and tested. Then I'll set up a group buy. Don't anyone ask me anything other than "are we there yet? Are we there yet...." until I put out more information. When I'm ready I'll post all the information.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black