Originally posted by Kerry2Kool4U:
Sorry for the double post, but could I cut the intake resonator off, sand it down and stick this 3M Metal Repair tape over the hole. It should work I just hope the Advance Auto place nearby has it in stock.

OMG please don't do that unless you plan on doing it well. Another guy on here a long time ago tried sawing off the resonator and fiberglassing over the hole. Wasn't pretty.
JBWeld whould work pretty well. I used the packing tape and drove around in Texas heat for a year and a half without any of the tape showing any signs of peeling or melting. As much as that may instill confidence about the packing tape, if I had a choice, I'd take a Post98 intake tube or exhaust tubing over it anyday. However, IIRC the Post98 tubing doesn't have the IAT bung. I believe on those models, it is located in the MAF housing. It shouldn't be very hard to cut out a hole and get a gasket in the hole to keep the sensor from falling out. I'm pretty sure SleeperZ knows how to do this correctly. You might try looking on his intake How-to.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006