Last month i failed inspection for an 'exhaust leak' ... kind of aggravating because he failed me just based on hearing the leak, didn't even test emissions.
Well annoyance aside, this pushed me further towards getting a new exhaust. I don't have a wealth of knowledge about the parts and part-names..but i have been trying to read up on the sticky in this forum and my top personal choice is the cta-motorsports setup#1..(surprisingly also the most expensive $655 " 2 1/2" stainless steel pipe, Magnaflow 14616 Mirror Finish muffler, dual Magnaflow 14416 mufflers, and dual 4" polished rolled stainless steel tips. ")

i was thinking this would solve my problem and be a great upgrade...then i got thinking the leak could easily be before the cats, and cat-back exhaust wouldnt fix this. this got me thinking i should throw on a y-pipe while im at it. ( i have yet to pinpoint the leak but i noticed a 'connection point' about in-line with the drivers footwell, was very rusted...more so than further back.)

sorry about talking so much. but im looking for advice/suggestions on what you think i should do/replace in my situation. cat-back i think i am decided (from what ive seen on the sticky-page options) but otherwise..like the y-pipe or anything else i might need... i am open to anything. cheaper the better price-wise (luckily ill have a bit of bday money) im not doing all this to pass inspection btw, ive been looking for an upgrade for a while now(since my tips were cheapy-done)

thanks in advance
.Snipey

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat