I received my Koni Kit a couple days ago. Right away I noticed that the part number on the box corresponded with the V-6 kit. The kit was directly shipped from Koni because AJ didnt have the 4 cyl kit in stock.

So, I call AJ (since I couldn't reach koni after hours) and they aplogize (even though not their fault) and they offer to contact Koni in the morning for me. OK... cool...

So I get a call from AJ yesterday and Im asked to pull the springs out and have a look. He asks me what the part numbers say on the front springs. So I look at them, and they say "Koni 057 Front" on them. Immediately he responds with, "OK, we're good, those are the right ones. They must have just used the wrong packaging." He said that the only difference in between the two kits is the front springs used... I'm like great, makes sense, sounds good.

Well, never satisfied unless I see proof for myself, I go looking online, and at LTBMotorsports.com I notice that on this page http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/kospspki.html that the part number for the 6 cylinder kit is 1020-6057. The 4 cylinder kit is 1020-6056. I think to myself, that's a pretty big coincidence that my springs say 057, and the 6 cylinder kit is 1020-6057.

Then tonight, I see this image, thanks to user SVTforme, who I hope does not mind me borrowing one of his excellent pictures :

Now, that looks like it says KONI 057 FRONT on it to me, which is EXACTLY what my springs say on them.

There is no way I have the 4 cylinder front springs in this kit

I don't know if an honest mistake has been made twice now (first by Koni in filling the order, then by Koni and/or AJUSA in identifying the springs), but I am starting to wonder if someone is hoping that I just won't find out that Koni screwed up and they're hoping I'll just put the springs in and shut up.

I'll be calling the tech line in the morning if they haven't yet responded to my email when I get up.

A heads up to any other Zetecs with Koni kits or ordering them to watch out for this.. and if anyone else can confirm one way or another on this spring identification issue, I'd appreciate the help!

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels