my car just started doing this on Easter on the way back on a 3 hour trip from my parents house.

We just recently rebuilt the engine.. it has almost 2k on it now.. ran perfectly on the way there.. only random issue I ever had prior was a high idle at times..

New Ford Racing wires
New Autolite Double Plats

You think I should swap the coilpack? it is the original but I do have a spare from a cougar I bought for spare parts. Also, we didn't replace the fuel filter.. umm, who the hell knows how old that could be.

I kept thinking that I got bad gas ... as the only thing I did once we got to my parents house was fill the tank prior to parking it.. I added 1/2 tank of premimum from a pump that was rusty and I thought perhaps I might have been the only person who used premimum in like.. forever.

In the 3 hour trip we misfired 2 times pretty badly where the tach went down to about 500 rpm's while attempting to go 60 mph.. and then about 4 other smaller misfires..

It sat all day yesterday.. I tried to take it to the pet store and immediately it started misfiring again pretty badly..

Mine seems to misfire bad on a cold engine but lessen when warm..

ideas? thanks in advance.. I really love this car and it kills me that its again sitting in my driveway not being driven

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides