The question for me is what should the price of a set of front springs be for a SVT contour? i had one break on me and ford was going to sell me a pair for the front and they were going to be about $700-$750 Canadian. i nearly craped my pants when i heard that and apariently they werent' even genuine ford parts.

now i bet some of you are finding it hard to belive i had a spring break on me but it happened. it sheared into two pieces at the bottom of the spring. boy was i mad when this happend because i have never heard of this happening to any vehicle. so after haveing my car at the dealer for a few days and under the impression that this was going to cost me about $1200 to $1500 for the springs, replacement tire because the other one blew out when the spring broke, and the labour. well i went in the other day and they say did you hear the good news. i thought what good news could there be my car is still broke and there are no parts in yet. i was told that there is recall on the suspension and that everything is going to be fixed for free. boy was i happy to hear that. so just so you SVT owners out there know there was a recall out there so maybe it would be good to get that checked out so you don't have the same hassle i am going through.