Originally posted by Rara:
I haven't heard anything about the ATE blue dye causing issues . . . ATE is actually the same company as Continental-Teves which is one of the biggest ABS module manufacturers in the world. I'd be very surprised if they didn't do full testing of their own fluid on their own parts.

But, to be honest Ford HD fluid is more than enough for anyone here. It has excellent fluid boil properties and is dirt cheap from the Ford dealer.

Rara trumps my friend. I think it's pretty safe to say he happened to see a string of ABS failures when people switched to Super-Blue, but there was some other factor, if you've not heard about this. They're a tight group, so I've been suspicious of some other commonality, but haven't been able to finger it. My own ABS failure is interesting, but again, I've been screwing with the brakes a lot, and have a billion miles.

So far I've only put one auto-x and a bunch of highway miles on the Ford fluid, so I don't have any stress data. I switched because I know several guys that track big fat cars and use it without any fade. And it's pretty cheap, too.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results