Originally posted by Tourgasm:

Is that on solar power? damn. How much room does all that gear take up? Could you power anything else with it? say a moped or gokart? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I sound like the annoying neighbor on "Home Alone"

yes that is solar powered [hence why its a solar boat]. The panels arent on the boat on that photo. Our competitions limit us to a max of 480watts for the panels. So depending on how much you want to drop on solar cells [we hand make our own panels because commercial ones are way too heavy and dont put out enough power] can range from about 50 cells to 400 cells.

and yes, you can use them to power gokarts or whatever.

about how much room the equipment takes up... all of it. The older boat is 15' long and 2.5' at its widest. The newer boat is 17' long and ~3.5' at its widest. The boat was made just big enough to house one person [uncompfortably], upwards of 86 pounds of batteries [or as little as 36], 2 motors, 2 motor controllers, 7 data logging and control micro computers, one touchscreen dash, and a fish finder. Remember the only reason this boat works/flys [it has ranked as high as 2nd in the world], is because of its obnoxious low weight. The most common configuration totals 300 pounds for everything [including myself]. Fully loaded sitting in the water, the top of the hull is only about an inch and a half above the waterline... needless to say, that doesnt make a difference once you start moving [the hull is literally only used as landing gear].

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.