So I've decided to just stick with the 3.0L swap and work from there. I've read, and I've read, and I've read some more. It will never end... But to the point, I have a 99 SE and I am curious of how much will it cost to do the 3.0L swap, who could/would do it and how much $ total, and would it be best to just buy a 3.0L transmission as well. I would much like to put a manual transmission just to have fun while driving, but I could cope with an automatic no problem if I need to do such. I read about 2.5 trannys being used, but I don't know. I want to have a set-up that I can rely on so I don't have to worry about transmission faults or anything of that sort. I still feel stupid for asking this, but I couldn't handle much more reading and nothing I read was answering my question. So I guess, in essence, the price of a 3.0L swap with an auto to manual conversion and all the other stuff that has to be done when doing the swap. Like I said, I can handle not having a manual tranny if the cost is much higher than keeping it auto and doing the neccessary tranny mods. I looked at all those neat places to get engines and things and I found some cheap engines and manual transmissions for my swap. I just need the cost of labor and stuff like that. This is semi-short term goal for my Contour. It seems to be rather cheap and worth the price of it all. I'd do it myself, but I've never done it before and I simply don't trust myself with a hammer let alone doing this to my car. Thoughts, suggestions, advice, and all that jazz would be great. Thanks.

1999 Ford Contour SE Maroon Stock