Well guys, it's pretty much official and it's all done but the crying. I was unsure of my attendance all ready with our baby being due 3 weeks before SZ, but as long as she came on time, I was good to go. Unfortunately after tearing into my motor last night planning to do a minor rebuild, things are looking a bit more grim than expected. Basically the motor wasn't dead yet, but detonation was definitely killing it slowly but surely. On top of that I noticed my clutch apparently hadn't been holding up well. I don't know the reason for that other possible abuse before it was completely broken in, but in any case it is toast as well.

I was planning on really firing things up this year with some pretty drastic changes to the car to be unveiled at SZ, but that will have to wait for another time. I'll be rebuilding the engine again as funds become available later on this year so hopefully the car will be back on the road sometime late this year.

Here are some pics of the internal carnage:

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale