The contour has a tunnel. It's just not very big. The 302 "will" fit with some mods under the hood well, at least between the fenderwells. The firewall needs some modding that can be hidden with the center console. I never had a hood on the clip so I'm not sure about hood clearance. A 4.6 will not fit without tower surgery. I had a boneyard front clip I was trying all this out on and it can be done. Just a question of how much? How much do you love the car, and of course how much $$ and time. The direction to look is a 302, 5 speed, (smaller) and a lincoln or explorer IRS. That way you dont have to worry so much about driveshaft movement. And the radiator will most likely have to go in front of the support. I still have the 302, 5 speed and a lincoln IRS in the shed but will not be going forward for a while longer as I'm too busy on other projects now. (and work)

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker