Hey Everyone

I am confused about something and maybe you all could help me. (I hope I don't get flamed) Anyways, I have a 1999 Ford Contour SE 2.5 (Non-SVT) I have only ran it a few times, and my best was a 17.3 but that was at a lousy track and the weather was about 85 degrees and very humid. There were other cars that should have been running much better times, but weren't. Ex: 2002 Honda Accord-17.2, 2000+ Dodge Neon SRT-4-16.8. Anyways, I have been researching this for a few hours and according to certain websites, they say the 1999 Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique 2.5 is a 17 second car. Some times were 17.5 and 17.9 One site actually said it went 16.9.(which was a little better) This doesnt seem very accurate. These seem like the kinds of times you would get from a 4-cylinder Contour.

My other car is a 1996 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 (Not SC) It is only runs in the low 17's and its about 1,000 lbs heavier than my Contour. My Contour seems like it would blow the doors off of my Thunderbird. My Thunderbird stock was only 145hp vs the Contours 170hp. My question is: Are these sites I'm checking out lying? Are they mistakenly confusing a 4 cylinder Contour with a 6 cylinder version? It seems much faster than a mid-17 second car and I have already hit 17.3 in hot and humid weather. This car feels like it should be in the mid-high 16 second range. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks