well duh! where did i say otherwise? Read back. I asked you if you know what it means to lower impedence. Your statement was just a way to hush me up. Look guy. ALPINE does not suck sorry dude. I dont care how much you pay. Cost dont make a sub or anything more valuable. Quality and mathematical equations parameters( physics )do.Example being LE, Re, Fs , Vas, linear excursions,mechanical excursion,QTS, Qes,Qms, SD, Hag etc. etc. etc. Voice coil, spider, surround,motor structure, terminals,diaphragm.Though most importantly how the manufaturer arrives at thier numbers. Alot of them cheat and take short cuts to arrive at certain specifications. Alpine is one of the few that does not cut corners to accomplish thier TRUE ohm, watts ,khz,db, SPL ECE. ETC.ETC
AS for your audio forum on this site im sure it's very informative. What i may suggest to you is to go back and read where my first post came in and there after. Your the one being arrogant and simple. Not i. I believe Alpine along with kicker, Jl Audio and Focal kick bass arse. MY opinion. I dont care how certified you are learn to read posts.
Now as for the lowering of impedence you can't accomplish anything unless your amp is capable. Be aware of your subs impedance and your amps LOAD capacity. < all 101 guy >
the lower the resistance the more power your amp produces. The LOUDER your audio plays. ( a.k.a music ) Parallel wiring lowers your speaker impedance. All of that is basic audio.The Alpine are great for this type of set up.

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)