Originally posted by White99SE:
Originally posted by plance1:
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

GS allows struts, front swaybar, brake pads, cat-back, DOT-legal race tires, and that's about it. This leaves you with a car with a lot of understeer. However, it's still fun, and will teach you a lot about driving to run there.

I guess this means I shouldnt have been put into the GS class....

Yeah, You've got a 3 liter. Doesn't an engine swap move you all the way up to SM?

SM is correct.

This ain't NASCAR. You're assumed to be somewhat familiar with the rules--enough to class yourself--and then be honest about it. You don't really get "tech'd" the way they do in pro racing.

That said, I know this was your first time, and you weren't sure, and you probably asked for help from one of the guys running the event. It happens and it's no big deal.

If it were me, I'd tell the guys that you were improperly classed, and should have been in SM. They can adjust the results, if they care to. If not, you've still impressed them with your integrity. It's a gentleman's game, after all, not a cutthroat competition (at this level.)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998