Hi All
Computer problems have kept me away for a while, but now with my computer now working ok, the Contour decides to act up. Driving home tonight on the DVP, in stop and go traffic of course, I start hearing a god awful racket. All the gauges showed good, no CEL, but the idle dropped to about 400 or so and got a little rough. Got out and had a listen to it, but it was hard to tell. Sounded like a monster exhaust leak when I finally heard it well from the outside. Front manifold cat started leaking maybe? The amazing thing was how it went from nothing to huge right away. So I took it to the local shop tonight to find out what the deal is. Should know tomorrow. Doubt I will get it done there if it is anything major, as these guys are NOT cheap!
As luck would have it, this happened at like the worst possible moment financially. {sigh}
The joys of Contour ownership!
Thanks for reading. Just needed to vent a little.
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D