I just put on some decent Ford pads someone gave me, but next time it'll be pads and rotors, and I'm thinking about high-performance pads that could take some track use. I went looking for what my options were, and didn't find a comprehensive list anywhere. Here's what I found so far:

Mintex - a couple different compounds from BAT and SP. No reviews, but I'm sure there are some in the forums or archives.

Bendix - The old standby, these are great street pads that I would feel comfortable running on the track - but I'd be taking it easy on the woah pedal and letting them cool. More info would make me feel better - or worse.

Hawk - HPS and HP+. Tire rack has them, it seems, but depending on what car you select they show up or aren't listed. They don't seem to realize what pads work with which years. These pads are great, and the + are very trackable. The HPS are more agressive than the Bendix. Very dusty, kill your rotors, and quite expensive. That said, I'm going to contact tire rack and try to get info because they are very good for non-street use.

Ford pads - I don't know what I have, but they're good. The guy that gave them to me used the stock type on the track and liked them. Kinda dusty. Pricy, too, I think.

Any more info? Can I get KVR Ultimate Ceramic pads? Can I actually get HPS pads? Anyone track the Bendix pads from Stazi?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results