The reason I ask is because I had read a post wherein someone has a problem with their 'Tour making alot of ticking noise when the car is cold. I stated I have the same problem. Someone suggested switching to synthetic. I seriously wanted to do that but, I Think my Mystique might have had synthetic oil in it when I bought it, but no longer. The reaon for this thought is that when I got my car in July it ran quiet. I changed the oil about 1000 miles after I had it and ever since it has had a ticking noise when first started. Of course being colder than it was in August the ticking is much noisier. So, the dilema I have is that IF the car had synthetic in it and I changed to regular oil then, changed back? to synthetic, according to a worker at Advanced Auto, I could blow a seal or 2 since synthetic oil increases oil pressure. And I have put about 11000 miles on it since then. He suggested I buy 5 quarts of regular oil and 1 quart of Lucas oil stabilizer. I was thinking that if synth does increase oil pressure and that it could blow some seals would it be OK to get synthetic blended oil? I'm just trying to quiet the beast, if possible. Car has 103000 miles on it.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.