The last post for this "Spring Zing questions" did get a bit out of hand and it was in the wrong forum, so lets do that right here in "dyno and drag". I was speaking with Hector about this last night and told him I found that other post to be one of the most humerous ones to date here As long as theres NO name calling or street racing stories, this post can pic up where that one left off, or locked as the case may be, no hard feelings Jim It seems theres 3 camps for the "shootout" at SZ...

-The EVO camp

-The turbo'd 3.0L CSVT camp

-The WRX camp

Going into this we do have a couple facts, like Dereks car runnin' a 13.7 @99 mph modded out with more on the way. We also know that EVO's run mid 13's stock and driven accordingly. Its also true theres several Tours runnin' into the 13's at high mph. This all combines for the best bench racing and even better actual race at SZ (at the dragstrip, ofcoarse!) The variables for these cars vary considerably...

-3.0L turbo vs. 2.0L turbo vs. 2.5L turbo (STi if one shows up)

-the weight seems pretty close for all cars, give or take a couple

-gearing, inparticular the final drives (3.71/4.06 vs. 4.52)

-transmission gearing- I don't know what it is in the EVO's but I know this, their very short to keep the engine on boil, something the gearing in the Contour does NOT do.

Now in closing I don't know where all the venom is coming from and no, I'm not talking about the NOS system either but rather towards the EVO guys (Kevin and Hector) These are two, long standing members here in the CEG and should be treated with some type of respect IMO. To some degree its gotta have something to do with be jealous, period. I wouldn't call myself jealous of their cars, rather envious, especially when I could've bought one of those damn things a week before I leased my Crossfire , but thats another story! Kevin said it best, the EVO GUYS DIDN'T START IT, so check yourself Now with further to do, let the bench racing begin, I'll start...

I'm going to take out an ATX/Zetec with my Crossfire, wish me luck

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00