Originally posted by dpa43:
Originally posted by nc84:
yes i can do that , its also a heavy vinyl . leather seems to crack and split after awhile and i have never had a problem with vinyl so i use it. the red/black one in the pic is mine and its been in my car 3plus years and no problems yet

I'm guessing from what she said here that she makes them all from vinyl. I think i'd rather go with real leather instead. But that is a good deal if you would want vinyl ones.

That is a good deal for vinyl shift boots. Nevertheless I definitely prefer the leather. I have to say, good quality leather should last at least a decade or two before it cracks or splits, at least as far as I've noticed. My shift boots haven't done that, and neither have the seats. The boots are just a bit stiff, and the seats are creased from use, but not cracked or split. I have a leather jacket I've owned for 6 years now and worn every day during the winter and it's looking to last for many years to come. Leather cracks and splits when it gets excessively dry. As long as you take care of it, which includes using products to moisturize it if you notice that it's getting too dry (after all, it is skin!), that shouldn't happen. Not that I'm an expert, I just like leather and I own several leather products.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851