Ok so my 2k mystique is up to 116k now. Doesn't get driven that much anymore. Last night coming home from a friends house I noticed this hi pitch almost like a rocket engine sounds like when the car accelerates it gets higher and higher. It's not that loud yet but it almost reminds me of my wifes 84 corolla. I had to replace the rear differential because the wheels turned oppisite of eachother when tested and it made a terrible loud grinding scraping sound combo with the high pitch noise that grew louder as the car accelerated. I just had the cv boot done on the front left wheel about a year ago. Also today on our way to church i had the heater on and it made a really awful noise. I turned it off an on again and it sounded fine but then it started producing this burning smell. Smelled like burning plastic or electrical almost. I do know that the sound outside increases with speed, does not change with the gears and gets lower as I slow down. The smell seems to come stronger with the heater on full and im wondering if it's the heater or possibly from something grinding is making that noise? Please offer any comments on this guys. Thanks

Man I guess 114k is a lot of miles for a '00 .