Originally posted by KyleH:
Originally posted by tour96se:
...people say the seats are better in a 95...wrong,they are 100% identical

Your mistaken. As far as cloth seats goes, the 95's and 96's are the same. But the leather seats in the '95 are much softer than the 96/97, and in the SE the bolstering was reduced compared to the 95/96 models, both cloth and leather.

95 SE bolsters are huge. Like Kyle said,they were reduced in 96/97. I personally haven't been around pre98 leather,but I bought grey leather seats from a 98 Mystique and the leather was very soft and high quality. SVT bolsters are smaller than 95 SE's. SVT seats were made more for luxury/comfort,rather than sporty bolstering like the 95 SE seats.

The best car seats I have ever sat in are:
-'95 SE cloth
-'87 Celica GTS cloth
-'05 SRT-8 leather/suede.

All 3 seats are hugely bolstered,firm,yet very supportive,making them comfortable and fitting to your body and great for long drives. They aren't flat so you get uncomfortable or go numb,and they hug you so you don't slide around in the seat.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction