Well, jumped on the freeway yesterday and didn't have any problems until the car was up around 75 mph. Stepped on the gas, and it acted as if I had dropped it in Neutral, revved really high, and then dropped.. continued a similar pattern, with intermittent drops, or almost a pulling sensation under the car (like someone was changing gears on me.) It also would do a simliar pattern when the car was cruising at 45-50 mph. I took it in to have it checked out by a general mechanic. They took it out for a few test runs and didn't have any problems, so I told them to take it out on the freeway, and sure enough they experienced the same problem and suggested it was something with the ATX and to have it checked out.

So, now the car is sitting at a Transmission place ready to be looked at. Before I jump in on spending too much money on the thing, does anyone have any suggestions/ideas to what it might be? The car's only modification is a custom air intake that has been running fine on it for the past several months.

Specs:

Tour 2000, SE Vtec, ATX, about 78,000 miles on it; it's had regular oil/service changes but was due for a ATF change/flush.

Thanks,