Greetings,

This is my first post although I've read contour.org for a long time. I have owned a Contour for almost 10 years now. I bought a '96GL brand new and eventually modded it (BAT kit, rims, S-03's,K&N etc.) Last year I finally got rid of it and picked up a '99 SVT. I destroyed the first motor in the classic high G sustaned right hand turn Contour manner I had read about many times.

I decided to go with a 3.0L hybrid conversion. Since everything had to come apart I decided to do several other mods at the same time including a Koni sport kit, Torsen LSD, spec stage 1 clutch and flywheel, ADC tune via an xcalibrator2, a magnaflow resonator in the center position, optimized factory y-pipe and the mystery mod.

After several months and a wad of loot (I personally have zero mechanical skills) I am happy with the mods except for one thing; I just don't like the sound of the car now. A lot of other people like the way my car sounds but I don't like it. Although it's been a year since I've heard it (the mangnaflow was on before I lunched the motor), I remember liking the sound of the stock system better. I am looking for a more "Euro-type" sound. I find that to my ears the magnaflow sounds more "muscle car-like" for lack of a better term.

My question is do you think a dynomax resonator might get me closer to what I'm looking for? I would just stick the stock resonator back on but right now the car pulls like a train and I don't want to sacrifice flow if I can help it.
Also, does anyone (Demon maybe) know the part# for the dynomax piece that will fit in the center resonator spot?

Based on what I've read, I think that a Dynomax product might be what I'm looking for although I'm certainly open to other ideas. Whaddya think???

'99 SVT 3.0L Hybrid