Originally posted by OoTLink:
The 95-97 interior rawks! The door handles/locks are really cool (even with the funky motor, it sounds cool), which sure they exist in the 98+, but it aint the same...

The window controls and such are on the door panel and not on the funky thing next to the handle on the 98+, that's yucky.

You talking about Mystiques? Because door handles didn't change between model years (i.e. pre98 Contours have the same style as 98+ Contours, with the exception of the 98 which has raised window switches; and pre98 Mystiques have almost the same door panels as 98+ Mystiques) ...

Dashboards: all Contours had the same dashboard, with the pre98 having a different vent bezel (just looks a bit different and isn't as functional as 98+ with regard to direction). Mystiques 1995-1998 had same dashboard (1998 had revised vent bezels as well), but Mystiques 1999-2000 had the same dash as the Contour.

If I have time later this afternoon I'll find and post a few pics of the different model years ... some of you'd be surprised what carried over and what didn't.