The 95-97 interior rawks! The door handles/locks are really cool (even with the funky motor, it sounds cool), which sure they exist in the 98+, but it aint the same...

The window controls and such are on the door panel and not on the funky thing next to the handle on the 98+, that's yucky.

The dash looks way nicer too, what happened to the contour/mystique design team after 98? It's like the taurus team took over and messed things up The shifter area.. yuck, and then there's that whole thing about "Mystique" or "Contour" being in italics on the dash if you don't have the clock.

"Uh.. yeah I'm driving my.. uh.. oh.. contour!" yeah like you'll forget what you're driving.

It still looks.. okay.. I guess, but the earlier ones looked cooler, more spacey, and stuff. The only way you can tell these cars are really as old as they are, is by looking at the instrument cluster -- ya know, with the mechanical odometer and such.

IMHO the 98+ contours look better than the 95-97 on the outside though, but that's because they adapted the outside design of the mystique Totally objectional though!

1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 (125hp of FURY!) 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7