Originally posted by DESIGN:
50 bucks
What works best is to print the pictures off the forum of the install. Take it to them. They can then see that it is pretty easy. Trying to explain it to them doesn't seem to work out well.

haha. thats the exact same thing i had to do! first quote i got was $300 from a mustang shop then i went to the eastside of town and got them on for $50.

goonz, as i explained in this thread (somewhere) my stock exhaust was banging against the driver's side sfc. as shown in the pic, we simply cut some fat radiator hose and tied it down with some tie straps and then i later added screws. after that, the stock exhaust fit snugly against the hose. no more thunking sound. just tell the guy to do it anyways and when you get home you can easily fix it. if you can mod any part of your car yourself you can definitely do this.

i suggest everyone print out the pics that were posted of my sfcs, in color, and taking them with you when trying to get them installed. it will make things 100000% easier. trying to explain it to your average grease monkey doesnt seem to work too well. just mentioning "theyre like mustang sfcs" doesnt do it (by itself) because as i have recently seen, sfcs for other cars can be quite different in form and install. seeing the good color pics i posted will really help the installer and he'll probably even be thinking to himself, "hey, this looks like an easy $50"

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.