So I did a lot of datalogging on the dyno today and noticed something interesting. I was doing this with my Xcal2 so that I can get my tunes finalized. Brenspeed gave me 3 conservative tunes first, then with my datalogging they are going to get it nailed down. The most agressive of the 3 tunes added almost 5 degrees of timing. I dont how much the other tunes added, but they werent as much.

Anyway, I started with the most agressive one because that was the one that was on my car when I got there. Everything looked OK, but I switched to the middle tune. Then the dyno operator noticed some choppiness in the powerband and said the knock sensor might be acting up. I decided to start logging the knock sensor advance, and noticed it was pulling up to 3 degrees in the middle of the powerband.

I then switched back to the more extreme tune, and the knock sensor didnt pull anything.

This doesnt make sense to me. Adding a little timing made the knock sensor retard 3* but adding more timing it didnt retard at all. Wouldnt you expect it to retard more?

Me confused

Im off to work, but if you need more info just ask. I can send my excel files to anyone that wants to take a look at what Im talking about.

On a side note my TQ curve is flat as hell

EDIT: My bad. The more aggressive tune retarded timing as well, just not as long or as frequently. Makes a bit more sense I guess.

Last edited by KingpinSVT; 12/02/05 07:29 PM.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!